Monday, March 26, 2007

Welcome!

Hey all! Welcome to my flipping sweet blog. Here you will find me jabbering about all manner of stuff and junk, but mainly flash development. Currently I work at Terralever developing interactive applications. Big love to the TL family!

So today comes the announcement of the new Adobe Flash CS3! Right now the site is getting hammered, and there is no expected launch date. But it is nice to see a listing of new features. Integration into the Adobe family is going to make life a lot easier for everyone.

I really like that they aren't shy about the prospect of using flash as a video tool:


Adobe After Effects integration

Export individual layers with transparency using the new QuickTime exporter, and import them into After Effects for advanced manipulation. Import FLV directly from After Effects.



Some things are just ridiculously simple to do in Flash that would require too much time in After Effects. I could've really used this feature in the past on dvd projects, and I'm sure it will come in handy!

Well, it'll probably take a couple blog entries before I get into a good cadence. Stay tuned, as I'll be posting little demos, source code, and giving my opinionated opinions to anyone who'll read :P.